- D&O (“directors & officers liability insurance”): covering the personal liability of the directors and officers of a company.
- E&O (“errors & omissions insurance”): covering the liability of the company and of its employees for financial damage caused to third parties in the course of their professional activities.
- Cyber risks : covering (a) direct damage (computer equipment, loss of data, etc.) or indirect damage (business interruption) suffered by the company, and (b) the company’s liability to third parties following a cyber attack.
- Fraud : covering damages suffered by the company as a result of fraud/theft committed by an employee or by a third party.
- EPL (“employment liability insurance”): covering the company against litigation initiated by its own employees in connection with the employment relationship.
- Kidnap & Ransom covering kidnapping, extortion, arbitrary detention or hijacking of a vehicle in which a person protected by the policy is travelling.
An independent broker at your side
How important is the broker’s independence to you? Why is it important in the event of a claim? Why do you need a broker to negotiate with insurance companies?
ABIL is an insurance broker registered in Luxembourg and totally independent from insurance companies. We are not “insurance agents”, but defend your interests against those of the insurers. This is of course important when selecting insurers or negotiating policies. It is even more important in the event of a claim, when you can rely on us to navigate the storm.
ABIL is particularly specialised in « financial lines » and « transactional » insurance.
Financial Lines insurances
- W&I (“warranties & indemnities liability insurance”): covering the seller’s liability in relation to the representations & warranties given in an M&A transaction.
- Tax Liability Insurance : covering a company against the risk of tax recharacterisation of a financial transaction.
- Contingent Liability Insurance : covering a company against the risk of an unfavourable outcome of pending litigation.
Our « one-stop-shop » solutions
ABIL also offers “one-stop-shop” solutions. In addition to the above-mentioned insurances, we also manage other related insurances, such as general liability or product liability insurances. For the other insurance lines (life, transport/travel, construction, fire, vehicles, etc.), we have access to our network of IAA partners, so that by contacting ABIL our clients have access to the entire range of insurance expertise.
Our brokerage services
As part of our brokerage mandate, you can count on the following services:
- drawing up a detailed request for proposal to insurers;
- comparison of offers;
- presentation of the offers to the client and assistance with the short listing;
- negotiation of insurance proposals on behalf of the client;
- implementation of the insurance and administrative follow-up;
- claims handling;
- proactive monitoring of your company’s development;
- updating of contracts upon renewal.